ADNOC, OMV, Occidental Sign Exploration Agreement in UAE
Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), OMV, and Occidental Petroleum have signed an agreement to conduct a four-year seismic, drilling and engineering work program for exploration, appraisal and potential field developments in Abu Dhabi.
The agreement covers several undeveloped oil and gas fields in North-West Offshore Abu Dhabi including the Ghasha and Hail areas. Under the contract, OMV and Occidental will contribute personnel and technical expertise for the project, which aims to form the basis for the future development of the North-West Offshore area.
Commenting on the agreement, OMV CEO Rainer Seele said in a company statement:
"We are pleased to expand our cooperation with ADNOC, together with Occidental, through the appraisal of a number of undeveloped fields which are of strategic importance to ADNOC. This cooperation will further strengthen our already excellent partnership with ADNOC."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- OMV Ramps Up Search For Gas In Austria (Jan 29)
- Qatargas Signs Deal To Deliver LNG To Austria's OMV (Dec 20)
- CEO: OMV To Become Bigger, Grow Marketing Outside Of Europe (Dec 20)
Company: Occidental Petroleum more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Media: Cleanup Underway After Centurion Pipeline Oil Spill In Oklahoma (Feb 19)
- Occidental Petroleum Profit Matches Street Forecast; Shares Slip (Feb 13)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: Abu Dhabi National Oil Co. (ADNOC) more info
- Abu Dhabi Broadens Oil Partnerships in $1.5B Cepsa Deal (Feb 19)
- Oil World Turns Upside Down as US Sells Oil in Middle East (Feb 07)
- ADNOC Distribution Shares Open Sharply Up After First IPO In 6 Years (Dec 29)