Siem Offshore Bags Contract to Provide AHTS Vessel to Woodside
Norway's Siem Offshore Inc., through its fully owned subsidiary Siem Offshore Australia Pty Ltd, reported Friday that it has been awarded a charter contract for the anchor handling tug supply (AHTS) vessel "Siem Topaz" with Woodside Energy Ltd. for operation in Australia.
Commencement is expected to be in May 2016, the firm period is for 18 months plus options.
Siem Offshore has a fleet of 54 vessels with focus on low fuel consumption, 8 of these are under construction. The fleet includes large AHTS vessels, platform supply vessels, multipurpose field and remotely operated vehicles (ROV) Support Vessel as well as offshore subsea construction vessels designed to meet the most challenging environments. The latest addition to the fleet is 2 well-intervention vessels.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Offshore Australia Contract Goes to KBR (Oct 11)
- Pipe Dream? Chevron, Woodside Vie to Shape Australia's LNG Sector (Jun 15)
- Chevron Unveils Shared Vision for North West Shelf Infrastructure Stimulus (May 16)
Company: Siem Offshore Inc. more info
- Siem Offshore Acquires 100% Interest in Secunda Canada (May 18)
- Woodside Inks Contract for Australia's First LNG-Powered Support Vessel (Apr 12)
- Siem Offshore Bags Contract to Provide AHTS Vessel to Woodside (Mar 21)