European Oil, Gas Companies in Organizational Restructures
Repsol S.A and Gazprom EP International B.V have announced a range of organizational restructures, including a number of appointments and departures.
The Spanish energy giant Repsol approved a series of changes to its management team “in order to continue advancing in light of the challenges and opportunities relating to the integration of Talisman, and the challenges affecting the sector”, according to a company statement. As a result of these changes, Repsol announced that 41 members of its management team will be leaving the company, including executive managing directors Cristina Sanz Mendiola and Pedro Fernández Frial.
Both were described by Repsol Chairman Antonio Brufau as “exceptional professionals, highly regarded both within and outside of the company.”
Gazprom EP International also changed around its management team, appointing Andrey Fick as its new managing director. Fick has been a member of Gazprom’s team since 1996 and previously held the role of director general at Gazprom Russkaya.
Following the latest organizational changes at Repsol and Gazprom EP, Australian oil and gas firms Oilex Ltd and AWE Limited have also revealed new managerial appointments.
Perth-based Oilex has made Jonathan (Joe) Salomon, currently an independent non-executive director at the company, the new managing director with immediate effect, after the resignation of Ron Miller. AWE Limited announced Friday the appointment of David Biggs as its new CEO and managing director, commencing early May 2016.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Big Oil Reuses Platforms in Latest Cost-Cutting Trick (Nov 15)
- Sources: Spain's Repsol Hires Tanker For Iran's Pars Oil As Sanctions Loom (Jun 19)
- Total Signs Deal to Extend TFT Gas Field License in Algeria (Jun 11)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)
Company: Oilex Ltd more info
- Oilex Looks to up Cambay Stake to 100% (Dec 13)
- Oilex Progressing Work Plan to Unlock Gas Resources in India's Cambay Block (Jun 27)
- Australia's Oilex, Zeta Resources Agree to Terminate Legal Proceedings (Jun 08)