Noble Expects Delivery of Noble Lloyd Noble to be Delayed to 3Q16
Noble Corporation revealed that the delivery of jackup Noble Lloyd Noble (492' ILC), currently under construction at Sembcorp Marine Ltd.'s Tanjong Kling Yard in Singapore, will be delayed by 1-2 months to the third quarter of 2016 following damage to a crane sustained in an incident at the yard last month, the firm said in its fleet status report late last week.
"The Company currently expects delivery of the rig from the shipyard to be delayed an estimated 30 to 60 days, to early-to-mid 3Q16. Delivery to our customer is now expected in early-to-mid 4Q16. The revised dates of delivery are subject to change, pending completion of the investigation," Noble said in the report.
The jackup sustained damage following the collapse of a shipyard crane boom on Feb. 28, with initial investigations indicating that the damage is "believed to be confined to a crane onboard the rig and some cabling."
Noble Lloyd Noble is scheduled to mobilize to the North Sea upon delivery to commence a 4 year drilling contract with Norway's Statoil.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Big Oil Reuses Platforms in Latest Cost-Cutting Trick (Nov 15)
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
- Shell, Equinor Commit to Tanzania LNG as They Await Host Accord (Oct 16)
Company: Sembcorp Marine more info
- Singapore's Sembcorp Marine 1Q Profit Slumps 86%, Outlook Subdued (Apr 25)
- Rig Builder Sembcorp Marine 2Q Net Profit Falls 51% (Jul 27)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
Company: Noble Corporation more info
- Noble Secures 5 New Rig Contracts (Dec 17)
- Digitization at Work: GE and Noble Launch Digital Rig (Feb 22)
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers World's Largest Jackup Noble Lloyd Noble (Jul 18)