Bumi Armada Commences Legal Proceedings Against Woodside Over FPSO Deal
Malaysia's Bumi Armada Berhad's wholly owned subsidiary, Armada Balnaves Pte Ltd. (ABPL), commenced legal proceedings in Western Australia's Supreme Court against Woodside Energy Julimar Pty Ltd. over the latter's termination of a contract for the charter of the Armada Claire Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) unit.
"ABPL has today, 14 March 2016, filed a Writ of Summons in the Supreme Court of Western Australia," the company said Monday in a filing on stock exchange Bursa Malaysia.
The company is claiming for a declaration that the contract was repudiated by Woodside; damages for breach of contract; an additional sum of $66,191,152.56 for work done and materials supplied pursuant to the contract; and interest, costs as well as such other relief that the Court may think fit.
The Armada Claire FPSO is now operating in the Balnaves field, offshore north western Australia.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Bumi Armada Berhad more info
- Bumi Armada to Pay $85M in Reimbursement, Liquidated Damages for FPSO (Sep 16)
- Bumi Armada Berhad Appoints New Chief Financial Officer (Sep 09)
- FPSO Armada Kraken on Track for North Sea Deployment (Aug 29)