NPD Grants Wintershall Drilling Permit in PL 248
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Wintershall Norge AS a drilling permit for well 35/8-6 S, which is located in production license 248 offshore Norway.
Well 35/8-6 S, which will be drilled from the Borgland Dolphin (mid-water semisub), is the fourth exploration well to be drilled within the area covered by the permit. Wintershall is the operator of the license with an ownership interest of 60 percent. Petoro AS holds the remaining 40 percent stake.
The permit is contingent upon Wintershall having secured all other permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling starts.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Wintershall more info
- The $20B Race to Eclipse Norway's Elite Oil Producers (Sep 13)
- Wintershall's Libya Oil Output Sharply Lower At 10,000 Bpd (Aug 28)
- Kremlin Accuses Trump of Trying to Bully Europe into Buying US LNG (Jul 12)