Eni Starts Production at Goliat Field
Eni has started production from the Goliat field, located within Production License 229 in the Barents Sea offshore Norway.
Goliat, which is the first oil field to start production in the Barents Sea, was developed through the largest FPSO in the world, which has a capacity of 1 million barrels of oil. Daily output at the field will reach 100,000 barrels of oil per day (65,000 boepd net to Eni), according to a company statement. The field is estimated to contain reserves amounting to about 180 million barrels of oil.
Production will take place through a subsea system consisting of 22 wells, of which 17 are already completed. Eni holds a 65 percent operated stake in PL 229, with Norway's Statoil holding the remaining 35 percent.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Big Oil Reuses Platforms in Latest Cost-Cutting Trick (Nov 15)
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
- Shell, Equinor Commit to Tanzania LNG as They Await Host Accord (Oct 16)
Company: ENI more info
- Eni Secures Two Deals for Oman Blocks (Jan 14)
- Eni to Operate Alaska Oil Field (Jan 03)
- Eni Spuds Well in Central North Sea (Dec 31)