Technip-Sonangol JV Bags Contract from Total for Angola's Offshore Block 17
France's Technip reported Thursday that Technip Angola Engenharia Limitada, a joint venture between the company and Sonangol, was awarded a three year eingeering services contract by Total E&P Angola.
Under the contract, the joint venture will provide services for the existing Girassol, Pazflor, Dalia and CLOV floating production storage and offloading (FPSO) units and associated subsea field development in Block 17, offshore Angola.
Technip Angola Engenharia Limitada will execute the contract, which covers engineering, technical assistance, management, supervision and coordination, as well as procurement-related activities, until the deal expires at the end of 2018.
“We have been entrusted by Total E&P Angola to deliver quality engineering services. It is the result of our sustainable presence in Angola with skilled engineering resources and comprehensive knowledge of our client’s technical referential and working methods. This contract reinforces our activity in Africa, an area with good dynamics. It also fits into our strategy to engage with our clients at early stages of their projects and build on long-lasting successful relationships,” Hallvard Hasselknippe, president Subsea of Technip, commented in the press release.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Deepwater Nigeria Field Starts Production (Jan 02)
- Total Spuds Well Offshore South Africa (Dec 27)
- Total to Start Crude Exports From New Field Offshore Nigeria (Dec 20)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)
Company: TechnipFMC plc more info
- GOM Subsea Contract Goes to TechnipFMC (Jan 09)
- Chevron Wellhead Deal Goes to TechnipFMC (Nov 14)
- Technip Wins Contract for Louisiana LNG Proposal (Oct 15)