Russia's Novatek Sees Yamal LNG Financing in 2-3 Months
MOSCOW, March 9 (Reuters) - Russian gas producer Novatek expects its Yamal LNG project to secure external financing in the next 2-3 months, Interfax news agency quoted Leonid Mikhelson, Novatek chief executive, as saying on Wednesday.
Western sanctions imposed over Moscow's role in the Ukraine crisis have made it harder for Novatek to raise funds for the Yamal project, which is due to start producing liquefied natural gas (LNG) in 2017.
(Reporting by Polina Devitt; Editing by Alexander Winning)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- BP Buys 61 Percent Stake In Azerbaijan's Gobustan Onshore Project
- Prices For November Soften After Earlier Strong Weeks
- China's Sinopec Plans To Build Canadian Oil Refinery
- Venezuela Hands China More Oil Presence, But No Mention Of New Funds
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add Oil Rigs For Second Week In Three