Santos Completes Sale of 35% Stake in Kipper Field Off Australia to Mitsui
Santos Ltd. reported Thursday that the sale of a 35 percent non-operating stake in the Kipper gas field in the Gippsland Basin offshore Victoria, Australia to Mitsui E&P Australia Pty Ltd., announced in November 2015, has been completed.
"Santos advises that the sale has been completed and it has received the sale proceeds from Mitsui," the company said in a press release.
Mitsui E&P Australia, a unit of Japan's Mitsui & Co., Ltd., paid $358.2 million (AUD 520 million) in cash to Santos to complete the acquisition of the gas and condensate field. Other partners in the Kipper development are field operator Exxon Mobil Corp. and BHP Billiton Ltd., each holding a 32.5 percent interest.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Total Rules Out Investing In US Shale Oil After BP-BHP Deal (Aug 27)
- Pipe Dream? Chevron, Woodside Vie to Shape Australia's LNG Sector (Jun 15)
- BHP Sees Faster Shale Sale in Race to Exit $10 Billion Unit (Feb 20)
Company: Exxon Mobil Corporation more info
- Oil Majors Offload Gulf of Mexico Fields to Hunt Bigger Finds (Oct 12)
- Offshore Guyana Pipe Coating Contracts Go to Shawcor (Oct 05)
- ExxonMobil Cranks Up New Unit in Beaumont (Sep 27)
Company: Santos Ltd. more info
- Australia's Santos Profit Soars, Flags China LNG Sales Push (Feb 21)
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
Company: Mitsui more info
- Japan's Mitsui Chemicals Restarts Naphtha Cracker At Fire-Hit Plant (Aug 13)
- Japan's Mitsui OSK Targets 26% Stake In Swan's Indian LNG Unit (Sep 18)
- As Rivals Circle, Japan Boosting Firepower To Buy Global Energy Assets (Sep 23)