Santos Completes Sale of 35% Stake in Kipper Field Off Australia to Mitsui
Santos Ltd. reported Thursday that the sale of a 35 percent non-operating stake in the Kipper gas field in the Gippsland Basin offshore Victoria, Australia to Mitsui E&P Australia Pty Ltd., announced in November 2015, has been completed.
"Santos advises that the sale has been completed and it has received the sale proceeds from Mitsui," the company said in a press release.
Mitsui E&P Australia, a unit of Japan's Mitsui & Co., Ltd., paid $358.2 million (AUD 520 million) in cash to Santos to complete the acquisition of the gas and condensate field. Other partners in the Kipper development are field operator Exxon Mobil Corp. and BHP Billiton Ltd., each holding a 32.5 percent interest.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: Exxon Mobil Corporation more info
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: Santos Ltd. more info
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Mitsui more info
- Japan's Mitsui OSK Targets 26% Stake In Swan's Indian LNG Unit (Sep 18)
- As Rivals Circle, Japan Boosting Firepower To Buy Global Energy Assets (Sep 23)
- Gas Glut Upends Global Trade Flows As Buyers Find New Leverage (Aug 16)