Valmec Lands $17M Deal from Origin for APLNG Upstream Assets in Queensland
Valmec Limited disclosed Tuesday that it has been awarded a long term Services contract from Origin Energy on behalf of Australian Pacific LNG. Valmec will provide specialist technicians, equipment and parts as part of its preventive and corrective maintenance services to Origin as joint venture partner and operator of Australia Pacific LNG's upstream gas compression and power generation assets located in South West Queensland, Australia.
The contract, with an estimated value of $17.1 million (AUD 24 million), is for an initial period of two years with extension options for a further two years. Service works under the contract are expected to commence immediately and will be managed from Valmec's facilities in Dalby, Queensland.
Commenting on the new contract, Valmec Managing Director Steve Dropulich said,
"We are very pleased to have been selected by Origin as a service provider and be able to continue our strong working relationship. This contract is of strategic importance to Valmec as it is aligned with our mission of delivering value to our clients across every aspect of our operations and the entire project lifecycle."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Valmec Ltd. more info
- Valmec Clinches Supply, Construction Contracts in Australia's East Coast (Sep 23)
- Valmec Lands $17M Deal from Origin for APLNG Upstream Assets in Queensland (Mar 01)
- Valmec Secures Gas Compressor Contract for Vector Gas' Auckland Project (Jan 14)