Wood Group Secures GWF-2 Services Contract from Woodside
Wood Group has secured a services contract with Woodside for the provision of the Greater Western Flank Phase 2 (GWF-2) flowline system design.
Under the contract, Wood Group Kenny (WGK) will perform the flowline system design and support the related procurement and construction processes. This award follows the successful completion of the flowline front-end engineering design (FEED) for GWF-2.
Robin Watson, chief executive of Wood Group, said in a company statement:
“Securing the detailed design contract for GWF-2 is testament to the technical expertise Wood Group Kenny has already brought to this development.
“Following on from the successful FEED work, this award demonstrates the confidence the client has in our subsea experience and innovative approach to deliver this complex project. Having been involved in the earlier design stages means we have a comprehensive understanding of GWF-2.”
Located on the North West Shelf, offshore Western Australia, the GWF-2 project represents the next phase of gas supply to existing North West Shelf Project infrastructure after the Persephone Project. GWF-2 will develop the hydrocarbon resources of the Keast, Dockrell, Sculptor, Rankin, Lady Nora and Pemberton fields through the existing Goodwyn A platform.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Offshore Australia Contract Goes to KBR (Oct 11)
- Pipe Dream? Chevron, Woodside Vie to Shape Australia's LNG Sector (Jun 15)
- Chevron Unveils Shared Vision for North West Shelf Infrastructure Stimulus (May 16)
Company: Wood Group Kenny more info
- Wood Group Secures GWF-2 Services Contract from Woodside (Feb 22)
- Wood Group Wins Brazil Platform Contract with PetroRio (Jan 07)
- Wood Group Secures Subsea Engineering Contract with BP (Oct 29)