Australia's Federal Court Approves Beach Energy-Drillsearch Energy Merger
Drillsearch Energy Ltd. announced Thursday that the Federal Court of Australia has approved the company's $277 million (AUD 384 million) all-scrip merger with Beach Energy Ltd, following the overwhelming support by its shareholders at meeting held on Jan. 26.
The firm expects to lodge the final court orders with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission later today, at which point the merger will take effect.
Meantime, both companies are working to complete implementation of the merger shortly. When completed, scheduled for March 1, Drillsearch will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Beach.
“On behalf of the Board, I’d like to thank Drillsearch shareholders for their support throughout the company’s journey from a junior explorer to one of Australia’s biggest onshore oil producers ... This transaction allows Drillsearch shareholders the opportunity to participate in a bigger organization, well positioned for future growth,” Drillsearch Chairman Jim McKerlie said in the press release.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Chevron Starts Up Gorgon Extension Project
- Enagas Opens Logistics Bidding for Mothballed Asturias Terminal
- Macquarie Group Reveals Oil Market Outlook
- ADNOC Chief: Shift from Fossil Fuel Unavoidable
- USA EIA Hikes Up 2023 and 2024 Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- Eni Inks Deal to Build Hybrid Renewables-Gas Plant in Kazakhstan
- Global Oil Demand for Road Transport to Peak in 2027: BNEF
- Biden Urged to Demand Climate Emergency as Smoke Chokes Washington
- Saudis Remind Global Oil Market Who is King
- Saudi to Cut Output by 1MM BPD in Solo OPEC+ Move
- Data Science is the Future of Oil and Gas
- Debt Ceiling Deal Becomes Law
- What Do Latest OPEC+ Moves Mean?
- Fatality At North Rankin Complex
- TotalEnergies Inks Agua Marinha PSC in Brazil
- North America Loses More Rigs
- Par Pacific Completes Buy of ExxonMobil Refinery
- Does the Global Drug Trafficking Industry Affect Oil and Gas?
- Which Generation Is Most in Demand in Oil, Gas Right Now?
- Who Is the Most Prolific Private Oil and Gas Producer in the USA?
- USA EIA Slashes 2023 and 2024 Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- BMI Reveals Latest Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- Is There a Danger That Oil and Gas Runs out of Financing?
- BMI Projects Gasoline Price Through to 2026
- What Will World Oil Demand Be in 2023?
- North America Rig Count Reduction Rumbles On
- What New Oil and Gas Jobs Will Exist in the Future?
- What Does a 2023 USA Recession Mean for Oil and Gas in the Country?