Subsea 7, National Oilwell Varco Secure Sea Lion FEED Contracts
Rockhopper Exploration plc announced Thursday that Subsea 7 and National Oilwell Varco have been awarded services contracts in connection to the Sea Lion development, which is located offshore the Falkland Islands.
Subsea 7 has secured a FEED (front end engineering design) contract for SURF transport and installation and National Oilwell Varco has been awarded a FEED contract for flexibles. It is expected that another SPS FEED contract will be awarded during the first quarter of this year.
Commenting on the contract awards, Samuel Moody, Rockhopper CEO, said in a company statement:
"The award of FEED for SURF transport and installation and flexibles to such internationally renowned contractors builds on the momentum of the award of the FPSO FEED contract to SBM earlier this year and demonstrates that, despite the low oil price environment, the Sea Lion project continues to move forward."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Oceaneering Sees Reason for More Offshore Confidence (Sep 10)
- Subsea 7 Says Could Change Offer If McDermott Cooperates (Apr 25)
- Saipem Scouting Around as Subsea 7 Bid Makes Waves (Apr 24)
Company: Rockhopper Exploration more info
- ERCE: Sea Lion Complex Could Hold 1.7B Barrels of Oil (May 17)
- Beach Energy Updates on Sale of its Egyptian Subsidiary to Rockhopper (Apr 18)
- Subsea 7, National Oilwell Varco Secure Sea Lion FEED Contracts (Feb 11)
Company: National Oilwell Varco more info
- National Oilwell Varco Equipment Orders Rise, Loss Narrows (Feb 06)
- Robotics and Automation: The Oil, Gas Skillsets of the Future (Nov 15)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)