Oil, Gas Service Companies Win Several North Sea Contracts
A clutch of services contracts for North Sea operations were awarded by energy companies Wednesday, with Aker Solutions, Subsea 7, Technip Norway, Ocean Installer, Hereema Fabrication Group and Aibel all securing work in the region.
Aker Solutions won a framework agreement to provide engineering and construction services for several offshore oil and gas fields in the UK section of the North Sea. The contract has a fixed period of five years as well as an option to be extended by a further five years. Aker Solutions' maintenance, modifications and operations (MMO) business in the UK will deliver the assignment, which was awarded by “an international oil and gas operator”, according to a company release.
David Clark, Aker Solutions' regional president for Europe and Africa, commented in a company statement:
"Winning this contract in such a competitive market proves Aker Solutions' ability to find effective ways to support our customers at a challenging time for the industry.”
Subsea 7 secured a three-year frame agreement, with four one-year options, from six North Sea clients comprising Chevron North Sea Limited, Dana Petroleum (E&P) Limited, Hess Denmark APS, Nexen Petroleum U.K. Limited, Talisman Sinopec Energy UK Limited and TAQA Bratani Limited.
Under the frame agreement, Subsea 7 will provide Diving Support Vessel (DSV) services on a year-round basis, as well as associated project management and engineering services to over 40 facilities in the North Sea. The scope of work includes diver and ROV inspection, repair and maintenance, subsea construction and decommissioning services, and long-term project support.
Phil Simons, Subsea’s UK and Canada vice president, said in a company statement:
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Big Oil Reuses Platforms in Latest Cost-Cutting Trick (Nov 15)
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
- Shell, Equinor Commit to Tanzania LNG as They Await Host Accord (Oct 16)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Offshore Australia Project Marks Step-Change (Jan 16)
- North Sea Operators Extend Subsea 7 Deal (Nov 26)
- Oceaneering Sees Reason for More Offshore Confidence (Sep 10)
Company: TechnipFMC plc more info
- GOM Subsea Contract Goes to TechnipFMC (Jan 09)
- Chevron Wellhead Deal Goes to TechnipFMC (Nov 14)
- Technip Wins Contract for Louisiana LNG Proposal (Oct 15)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- More Layoffs on the Way for Aker Solutions (Aug 23)
- Aker Solutions Opens Upgraded Aberdeen Site (Apr 27)
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
Company: Aibel AS more info
- Statoil Awards Aibel Snorre FEED Study (Dec 16)
- Aibel Secures Troll C FEED Contract (Nov 30)
- Aker, Aibel Win Contracts Worth $600M for Dvalin Work, Offshore Norway (Oct 04)
Company: Ocean Installer AS more info
- Ocean Installer Secures Jumper Replacement Work from Statoil (Mar 16)
- Oil, Gas Service Companies Win Several North Sea Contracts (Feb 03)
- Ocean Installer Secures Services Contract for Total Operated Field (Sep 11)