Oil, Gas Service Companies Win Several North Sea Contracts
A clutch of services contracts for North Sea operations were awarded by energy companies Wednesday, with Aker Solutions, Subsea 7, Technip Norway, Ocean Installer, Hereema Fabrication Group and Aibel all securing work in the region.
Aker Solutions won a framework agreement to provide engineering and construction services for several offshore oil and gas fields in the UK section of the North Sea. The contract has a fixed period of five years as well as an option to be extended by a further five years. Aker Solutions' maintenance, modifications and operations (MMO) business in the UK will deliver the assignment, which was awarded by “an international oil and gas operator”, according to a company release.
David Clark, Aker Solutions' regional president for Europe and Africa, commented in a company statement:
"Winning this contract in such a competitive market proves Aker Solutions' ability to find effective ways to support our customers at a challenging time for the industry.”
Subsea 7 secured a three-year frame agreement, with four one-year options, from six North Sea clients comprising Chevron North Sea Limited, Dana Petroleum (E&P) Limited, Hess Denmark APS, Nexen Petroleum U.K. Limited, Talisman Sinopec Energy UK Limited and TAQA Bratani Limited.
Under the frame agreement, Subsea 7 will provide Diving Support Vessel (DSV) services on a year-round basis, as well as associated project management and engineering services to over 40 facilities in the North Sea. The scope of work includes diver and ROV inspection, repair and maintenance, subsea construction and decommissioning services, and long-term project support.
Phil Simons, Subsea’s UK and Canada vice president, said in a company statement:
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)
Company: Aibel AS more info
- Statoil Awards Aibel Snorre FEED Study (Dec 16)
- Aibel Secures Troll C FEED Contract (Nov 30)
- Aker, Aibel Win Contracts Worth $600M for Dvalin Work, Offshore Norway (Oct 04)
Company: Ocean Installer AS more info
- Ocean Installer Secures Jumper Replacement Work from Statoil (Mar 16)
- Oil, Gas Service Companies Win Several North Sea Contracts (Feb 03)
- Ocean Installer Secures Services Contract for Total Operated Field (Sep 11)