Clough Bags Hook-up Services Contract for Ichthys FPSO from DSME
Clough reported Thursday that Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co. Ltd. (DSME) has awarded a contract for the hook-up services on the Ichthys LNG Project Floating, Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) facility. The Ichthys FPSO is a 1,102 foot (336 meter) long, permanently moored and weather-vaning vessel designed to hold more than one million barrels of condensate.
This is the second hook-up contract awarded to Clough for the Ichthys LNG project, with Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI) awarding a similar contract earlier in the week.
The scope of work includes the preparation and execution of offshore hook-up and assistance to commissioning. Work will commence in the first quarter of 2016 with the mobilization of engineering and technical teams to the DSME fabrication yard located in Geoje, Korea before moving offshore in the Browse Basin, 124 miles (200 kilometers) off the northern coastline of Western Australia.
Project management will be executed from Clough's office in Perth with the technical support of Clough’s Korean joint venture CloughCoens.
Clough’s CEO and Managing Director Kevin Gallagher commented: “This second award firmly establishes Clough as the leader in the provision of hook-up services to the oil and gas sector. We are delighted to be assisting Inpex and DSME with this critical phase of the project”
The Ichthys LNG Project is a joint venture operated by Inpex in partnership with Total, CPC Corporation Taiwan and the Australian subsidiaries of Tokyo Gas, Osaka Gas, Kansai Electric Power, Chubu Electric Power and Toho Gas. It is among the most significant oil and gas projects in the world with the largest offshore facilities in the industry, a state-of-the-art onshore processing facility and a 553 mile (890 kilometer) pipeline linking these facilities for an operational life of at least 40 years.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Australia's Clough Bags 2 Engineering Services Contracts (Apr 06)
- Clough Bags Hook-up Services Contract for Ichthys FPSO from DSME (Jan 28)
- SHI Awards Ichthys LNG Project CPF Hook-up Services Contract to Clough (Jan 27)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)
Company: Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering Company (DSME) more info
- World's Top Two Shipyards Signal More Orders as Earnings Improve (Apr 27)
- Daewoo Shipbuilding's Bailout Plan Cleared by Pension Fund (Apr 17)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)