Drillsearch Shareholders Approve Planned Merger with Beach Energy
Australia's Drillsearch Energy Limited reported Wednesday that its shareholders have approved the scheme of arrangement to proceed with the proposed merger with Beach Energy Limited.
Company shareholders supported the merger overwhelmingly, with 94 of the 99 percent that voted at the meeting casting their votes in favor of the proposal to create the largest mid-cap oil and gas company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange which will be well positioned for future growth.
“The combination of Drillsearch and Beach is highly attractive and we are delighted that Drillsearch shareholders have voted in favor of this transaction. The focus of both companies is to press ahead with implementation of the proposed merger and to successfully integrate the two businesses to drive value from the combination,” Drillsearch Chairman Jim McKerlie said in the press release.
Drillsearch will proceed with the next step in the implementation of the proposed merger through a second court hearing, scheduled for Feb. 18, to obtain the approval of the Federal Court of Australia in Sydney. Subject to the court approval and the satisfaction or waiver of the remaining conditions, implementation of the merger is likely to occur in early March.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Beach Energy Makes $31M in Annual Savings Through Merger with Drillsearch (Apr 27)
- Australia's Beach Energy Completes Merger with Drillsearch Energy (Mar 01)
- Australia's Federal Court Approves Beach Energy-Drillsearch Energy Merger (Feb 18)
Company: Beach Energy Ltd. more info
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Beach Energy Completes Callawonga-12 Well Drilling in Cooper Basin (Aug 25)
- Beach Energy Spuds Callawonga-12 Well in South Australia's Cooper Basin (Aug 18)