SHI Awards Ichthys LNG Project CPF Hook-up Services Contract to Clough
Clough announced Wednesday that Samsung Heavy Industries Co. Ltd. (SHI) has awarded a contract for hook-up services on the Ichthys LNG (liquefied natural gas) Project Central Processing Facility (CPF). The Ichthys CPF will become the world’s largest semisubmersible platform with a topsides weight of 70,000 tons.
The scope of work includes the preparation and execution of offshore hook-up activities and assistance to commissioning. Work will commence in the first quarter of 2016 with the mobilization of engineering and technical teams to the SHI fabrication yard located in Geoje, Korea before moving offshore in the Browse Basin, 124 miles (200 kilometers) off the northern coastline of Western Australia.
Project management will be executed from Clough's office in Perth with the technical support of Clough’s Korean joint venture, CloughCoens.
Clough’s CEO and Managing Director Kevin Gallagher commented: “Since early 2012 Clough has invested heavily in developing our hook-up capability and implementing key productivity tools and processes to reduce cost and deliver greater certainty of project outcome for our clients. This contract award sees this investment come to fruition and firmly establishes Clough as a leader in hook-up services.”
“I am particularly delighted to continue to build on our strong relationship with Inpex on the Ichthys LNG Project, where Clough and our partners have delivered the LNG Jetty and Module Offloading Facility contracts and are executing the Integrated Project Management Services contract. We are focussed on supporting Inpex and their joint venture partners through the final stages of the Ichthys LNG Project.”
The Ichthys LNG Project is a joint venture operated by Inpex in partnership with Total, CPC Corporation Taiwan and the Australian subsidiaries of Tokyo Gas, Osaka Gas, Kansai Electric Power, Chubu Electric Power and Toho Gas. It is among the most significant oil and gas projects in the world with the largest offshore facilities in the industry, a state-of-the-art onshore processing facility and a 553 mile (890 kilometer) pipeline linking these facilities for an operational life of at least 40 years.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Australia's Clough Bags 2 Engineering Services Contracts (Apr 06)
- Clough Bags Hook-up Services Contract for Ichthys FPSO from DSME (Jan 28)
- SHI Awards Ichthys LNG Project CPF Hook-up Services Contract to Clough (Jan 27)
Company: Inpex more info
- Darwin Seeks To Shed Frontier Image To Become World-Class LNG Export Hub (Jul 27)
- Shell, Inpex Near Finish Line in Race to Export North Australian LNG (Apr 24)
- Australia's Ichthys Project to Import LNG to Cool Plant Ahead of Start-up (Apr 23)
Company: Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI) more info
- Samsung Wins Mad Dog 2 Fabrication Contract (Jan 05)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
- South Korean Yards Restructure, Trim Workforce (Sep 08)