Statoil Enlists Aker for Johan Castberg FPSO Concept Study
Aker Solutions announced Tuesday that it has been enlisted by Statoil to provide a concept study for a floating production, storage and offloading facility for the Johan Castberg oil field development in the Barents Sea.
The financial value of the agreement was not disclosed by either party, although Aker stated that this figure will be booked as part of the company's first quarter order intake. The Statoil-operated Johan Castberg field is located around 150 miles northwest of Hammerfest.
Per Harald Kongelf, head of Aker Solutions' Norwegian operations, commented in a company statement:
"We've worked with Statoil for two years on finding a cost-effective solution that will enable development of this strategically important oil field in northern Norway. The costs have been significantly reduced and we look forward to continuing to work with Statoil to optimize this development."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Norwegian Sea Gift Keeps on Giving (Oct 05)
- Norway's Equinor To Start Drilling Brazil's Carcara Field In 2018 (Sep 05)
- In Brazil, Equinor Aims To Repeat Norway's Oil Boom (Aug 29)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- More Layoffs on the Way for Aker Solutions (Aug 23)
- Aker Solutions Opens Upgraded Aberdeen Site (Apr 27)
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)