CNPC, Chevron Commence Production at Chuandongbei Gas Project in Sichuan
China National Petroleum Corp. (CNPC) reported Monday that the Chuandongbei Sour Gas Project developed by the company and Chevron Corp. has become operational, with commercial gas produced from the Luojiazhai Gas Field processing plant in Sichuan Basin in southwest China.
The Chuandongbei project, occupies an area of over 309 square miles (800 square kilometers), consists of several gas fields including the Luojiazhai, Tieshanpo, and Dukouhe-Qilibei gas fields.
The Luojiazhai Gas Field, designed to produce 109.53 billion cubic feet (Bcf) or 3 billion cubic meters (Bcm) per annum, currently has a daily production of 346 million cubic feet (9.8 million cubic meters). CNPC added that several facilities related to the project have been completed, including a 109.53 Bcf (3 Bcm) per annum purification plant, a 400 kilotons per annum sulfur plant, a gas gathering station, and an 18 mile (29 kilometer) -long gas collection pipelines.
The Chinese state-owned company holds a 51 percent interest in the project, while Unocal East China Sea Limited (UECSL) – a wholly owned by Chevron – has a 49 percent operating interest in the Chuandongbei project. Both companies signed an agreement to develop the Luojiazhai Gas Field in 2009.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
- Saturno Brazil Pre-Salt Acreage Goes to Shell and Chevron (Sep 28)
- Canada Shale Drillers Feel Permian Pain as Prices Collapse (Sep 20)
Company: CNPC more info
- CNPC Plans Internal Consolidation To Fast-Track Gas Storage Upgrade (Jun 01)
- Total at Risk of Losing Gas Field Stake to CNPC If It Quits Iran (May 07)
- China's CNPC Sells First Gasoline To Americas As Fuel Stocks Hit Record (Apr 03)