CNPC, Chevron Commence Production at Chuandongbei Gas Project in Sichuan
China National Petroleum Corp. (CNPC) reported Monday that the Chuandongbei Sour Gas Project developed by the company and Chevron Corp. has become operational, with commercial gas produced from the Luojiazhai Gas Field processing plant in Sichuan Basin in southwest China.
The Chuandongbei project, occupies an area of over 309 square miles (800 square kilometers), consists of several gas fields including the Luojiazhai, Tieshanpo, and Dukouhe-Qilibei gas fields.
The Luojiazhai Gas Field, designed to produce 109.53 billion cubic feet (Bcf) or 3 billion cubic meters (Bcm) per annum, currently has a daily production of 346 million cubic feet (9.8 million cubic meters). CNPC added that several facilities related to the project have been completed, including a 109.53 Bcf (3 Bcm) per annum purification plant, a 400 kilotons per annum sulfur plant, a gas gathering station, and an 18 mile (29 kilometer) -long gas collection pipelines.
The Chinese state-owned company holds a 51 percent interest in the project, while Unocal East China Sea Limited (UECSL) – a wholly owned by Chevron – has a 49 percent operating interest in the Chuandongbei project. Both companies signed an agreement to develop the Luojiazhai Gas Field in 2009.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- Oil Producers Want New Hearing on Impact of Magellan Proposal (Jan 17)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: CNPC more info
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
- CNPC Plans to Cut Gas Supplies to Industrial Users-State Media (Nov 06)
- China's CNPC Starts Third Natural Gas Pipeline To Shanghai (Oct 13)