New Zealand's Tui Project JV Extends Contract for FPSO Umuroa to 4Q 2017
BW Offshore disclosed Friday that the company has received a one year contract extension for the lease and operation of the FPSO Umuroa, currently operating on the Umuroa field in the Tui Area Oil Project offshore New Zealand for Australia's oil and gas firm AWE Limited.
The contract for the FPSO (floating production, storage and offloading) vessel, which is equipped to store up to 700,000 barrels of crude oil, has been "extended to 4Q 2017 (from 4Q 2016)", the company said in a press release.
Field operator AWE -- holder of a 57.5 percent stake in the Tui oil development -- revealed that the contract extension is the second of seven one-year options of the FPSO charter period, which, if exercised, would retain the FPSO until the end of 2022.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)
Company: BW Offshore more info
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- Keppel Wins $89M Deals for Work on 3 Floating Facilities, 1 Pipelay Vessel (Jul 08)
- BW Offshore Secures 3 Year Contract Extension for FPSO BW Pioneer (Apr 26)