BW Athena FPSO to Demobilize from UKCS in February
BW Offshore announced Friday that it has come to an agreement with Ithaca Energy to demobilize the FPSO BW Athena in February 2016.
BW Athena has had an uptime of 98 percent since the commencement of first oil at the Athena field in May 2012. The FPSO first operated under a three year contract, which was extended with a contract that included a mutual termination right. The Athena field is located in the Moray Firth area of the UK Continental Shelf.
Following the demobilization of the BW Athena, which has an oil processing capacity of 28,000 barrels per day, the FPSO is now “marketed for new opportunities”, according to a BW statement.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Ithaca Energy Starts Production from North Sea Stella Field (Feb 17)
- Delek Group to Issue Ithaca Energy Takeover Bid for $524MM (Feb 06)
- Ithaca Energy: Stella Production Start-up Delayed (Jan 12)
Company: BW Offshore more info
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- Keppel Wins $89M Deals for Work on 3 Floating Facilities, 1 Pipelay Vessel (Jul 08)
- BW Offshore Secures 3 Year Contract Extension for FPSO BW Pioneer (Apr 26)