InterOil Commences Test Flow at Antelope-5 Well in PNG's Gulf Province
InterOil Corporation disclosed Thursday that it has been advised by Total E&P PNG Limited, operator of Petroleum Retention License 15 (PRL15) in the Gulf Province of Papua New Guinea, that the second planned extended well test has commenced at Antelope-5.
The extended well test will flow Antelope-5 at around 50 million standard cubic feet per day for approximately two weeks before being shut-in to record the subsequent pressure build-up. Pressure gauges have been placed in Antelope-1 as an observer well. The test is expected to take approximately one month to complete.
InterOil Chief Executive Dr. Michael Hession said the initial flow test conducted in June 2015 provided a good indication of the minimum connected volume in Antelope; this second test aims to further support those findings.
“In order to improve the certainty of the minimum connected volume, we have added additional pressure gauges and we plan to flow five times more gas than we did in our initial test last year.”
The Company has also been advised by Total that Antelope-6 appraisal well, located 2km east-south-east to the Antelope-3 well was preparing to drill ahead at 3,674 feet (1,120 meters) true vertical depth sub-sea. Antelope-6 was spud Dec. 23, 2015 and has a proposed total depth of around 8,084 feet (2,464 meters) true vertical depth sub-sea.
The PRL15 joint venturers are discussing an additional appraisal well to the west of Antelope-5. The decision whether to drill a further appraisal well will follow the evaluation of the Antelope-6 appraisal well and the results of the latest flow test at Antelope-5.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Oil CEOs Jostle for Global Natgas Crown Under Putin's Gaze (Oct 04)
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Total Joins Tullow-operated Block Offshore Guyana (Sep 13)
Company: Oil Search Ltd. more info
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Papua New Guinea Government To Sell Stake In Oil Search (Sep 21)
- Oil Search Profit Soars, Focus On Advancing PNG Gas Projects (Aug 22)
Company: InterOil Corporation more info
- Exxon's South Pacific Gas Grab Derided By InterOil's Founder (Jul 26)
- Oil, Gas Companies Tighten Cash Flow at Expense of Future Growth (Jul 26)
- Oil Search Won't Counter Exxon Bid For Gas Explorer InterOil (Jul 21)