MEO to Takes Over as Operator of NZ's Exploration Permit PEP51153
MEO Australia Limited (MEO) advised Tuesday that following the appointment of liquidators to Kea Petroleum Limited (Kea), Operator of the PEP51153 exploration permit located onshore New Zealand, that it has exercised its contractual right to assume Operatorship of the permit. MEO’s appointment as Operator remains subject to regulatory approval.
MEO is a joint venture participant in PEP51153 (MEO 30 percent), with its interest in the permit not affected by the appointment of liquidators to Kea and to remain at that level if approval is received to assume Operatorship.
The Company will advise of any updates to shareholders in due course.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- MEO Australia Seeks Shareholder Approval to Rename Firm as Melbana Energy (Sep 28)
- MEO Australia: 4 Companies Interested in Beehive Farm-Out Deal (Sep 12)
- MEO Australia Provides Update on Projects in Australia, NZ & Cuba (Aug 15)
Company: Kea Petroleum plc more info
- TAG Oil Gets Approval to Take 70% Operating Stake in NZ's PEP51153 (Jun 06)
- MEO Withdraws Application to Assume Operatorship of NZ Permit PEP51153 (Feb 25)
- MEO to Takes Over as Operator of NZ's Exploration Permit PEP51153 (Jan 19)