Ophir Energy Exits Three Blocks Offshore Seychelles
Australian energy company WHL Energy Limited (WHL Energy or the Company) referred Friday to the farm-out agreement between Ophir Seychelles (Areas 1,2 and 3) Limited (Ophir), PetroQuest International Incorporated and WHL Energy Limited dated March 4, 2014 (FOA). In accordance with the provisions of the FOA, Ophir has elected to exercise its exit option thereunder.
In reference to the Deed of Novation, Amendment and Restatement Agreement dated April 14, 2014 between the Government of the Republic of Seychelles (the Government), PetroSeychelles Limited (PetroSeychelles), PetroQuest International Incorporated (PQI) and Ophir (the Petroleum Agreement) relating to Blocks 5B/1, 5B/2 and 5B/3 (the Blocks), Ophir, in accordance with the terms of the Petroleum Agreement, has elected its exit option thereunder.
Under the terms of the Petroleum Agreement, the Blocks revert back to the Seychelles Government. PetroSeychelles have formally notified PQI that the Petroleum Agreement dated April 14, 2014 relating to Blocks 5B/1, 5B/2 and 5B/3 is terminated.
WHL Energy Limited is currently in discussions with the Seychelles Government to continue its participation in the Blocks and will update the market in due course of the outcome of these discussions.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Equatorial Guinea LNG Project Stumbles As Schlumberger Quits (May 31)
- Ophir Energy Cuts Cost; Eliminates Staff (Jul 12)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
Company: WHL Energy Limited more info
- Ophir Energy Exits Three Blocks Offshore Seychelles (Jan 18)
- WHL Energy Receives Approval to Vary Work Program (Aug 19)
- WHL Inks Agreement With Energy Capital Partners to Recapitalize Firm (Jun 03)