Kea Appoints Liquidators to Dispose Assets, Including Permit PEP51153 in NZ
MEO Australia Limited disclosed Friday that it has received advice from Kea Petroleum Limited (Kea), Operator of the PEP51153 exploration permit located onshore New Zealand, that it has appointed liquidators to liquidate the assets of the company. It is not yet clear how this affects the previously announced sale of Kea’s 70 percent interest in PEP51153 to Puka Petroleum Limited (PPL), which has not yet reached completion.
MEO is a joint venture participant in PEP51153 (MEO 30 percent) and its interest in the permit is not affected by the appointment of liquidators to Kea.
MEO’s CEO and MD Peter Stickland:
“MEO sees significant potential value in the PEP51153 permit and will consider its options in relation to the opportunities the Kea liquidation action may present.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- MEO Australia Seeks Shareholder Approval to Rename Firm as Melbana Energy (Sep 28)
- MEO Australia: 4 Companies Interested in Beehive Farm-Out Deal (Sep 12)
- MEO Australia Provides Update on Projects in Australia, NZ & Cuba (Aug 15)
Company: Kea Petroleum plc more info
- TAG Oil Gets Approval to Take 70% Operating Stake in NZ's PEP51153 (Jun 06)
- MEO Withdraws Application to Assume Operatorship of NZ Permit PEP51153 (Feb 25)
- MEO to Takes Over as Operator of NZ's Exploration Permit PEP51153 (Jan 19)