Total Receives PSA Consent to Drill North Sea Well
Petroleum Safety Authority Norway has granted Total E&P consent to drill exploration well 1/5-5 using the Maersk Gallant (394’ ILC).
Situated in the North Sea offshore Norway, this is the first well to be drilled in license 618. Total, who is the operator for the license, received consent from the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate to drill the well in December last year.
Total E&P owns a 60 percent interest in license 618. GDF Suez E&P Norge AS and Petoro AS, both hold a 20 percent stake in the license.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Total E & P Ltd more info
- TechnipFMC Wins Offshore Angola Contract (Jul 02)
- Petrofac Secures 3-Year North Sea Services Contract Extension (May 19)
- NPD Grants Tullow, Total Drilling Permits Offshore Norway (May 18)