Eni Starts Production from Mpungi Field Offshore Angola
Eni announced Monday that it has started production from the West Hub Development Project’s Mpungi field, which is located within Block 15/06 offshore Angola.
The start-up of Mpungi field, which follows the West Hub’s first oil from the Sangos field in November 2014 and the Cinguvu field in early April 2015, will ramp-up production to approximately 100,000 barrels of oil per day in the first quarter of this year.
Commenting on the production start-up, Eni’s CEO Claudio Descalzi said in a company statement:
“The third start-up milestone of the West Hub Development Project has been achieved both on budget and on schedule. This achievement reflects our ability to deliver major projects and confirms our excellent track record in terms of efficiency, technology and innovation.”
The West Hub Development Project comprises the development of the Sangos, Cinguvu, Mpungi, Mpungi North, Ochigufu and Vandumbu fields. Eni has been present in Angola since 1980 with a net production of around 105,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Eni is the operator of Block 15/06 with a 36.84 percent stake. Sonangol Pesquisa e Produção also holds a 36.84 percent interest and SSI Fifteen Limited holds the remaining 26.32 percent stake. Block 15/06 also includes the East Hub Development Project, which is under development and will start producing in 2017.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- USA EIA Hikes Up 2023 and 2024 Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- Macquarie Group Reveals Oil Market Outlook
- Chevron Starts Up Gorgon Extension Project
- Biden Urged to Demand Climate Emergency as Smoke Chokes Washington
- Eni Inks Deal to Build Hybrid Renewables-Gas Plant in Kazakhstan
- Oil Down as Demand Concerns Supercede Saudi Cuts
- Enagas Opens Logistics Bidding for Mothballed Asturias Terminal
- ADNOC Chief: Shift from Fossil Fuel Unavoidable
- Improved Wage Offer Ends North Sea Dispute
- Global Oil Demand for Road Transport to Peak in 2027: BNEF
- Saudis Remind Global Oil Market Who is King
- Saudi to Cut Output by 1MM BPD in Solo OPEC+ Move
- Data Science is the Future of Oil and Gas
- Debt Ceiling Deal Becomes Law
- Two Main Forces Have Come Together to Pull Down Commodity Prices
- What Do Latest OPEC+ Moves Mean?
- Fatality At North Rankin Complex
- USA Shale Seen Holding Firm on Returns
- Par Pacific Completes Buy of ExxonMobil Refinery
- Latest Troll Try Spits Dust
- Which Generation Is Most in Demand in Oil, Gas Right Now?
- Who Is the Most Prolific Private Oil and Gas Producer in the USA?
- BMI Reveals Latest Brent Oil Price Forecasts
- Is There a Danger That Oil and Gas Runs out of Financing?
- BMI Projects Gasoline Price Through to 2026
- What Will World Oil Demand Be in 2023?
- North America Rig Count Reduction Rumbles On
- What New Oil and Gas Jobs Will Exist in the Future?
- What Does a 2023 USA Recession Mean for Oil and Gas in the Country?
- USA Oil and Gas Supported Nearly 11MM Jobs