Australia LNG Exports First LNG Cargo
Australia Pacific LNG Pty Ltd. announced Monday that it had commenced operations with its first liquefied natural gas (LNG) cargo departing from its LNG facility on Curtis Island, near Gladstone, Australia.
The LNG vessel, the Methane Spirit, departed Australia Pacific LNG’s facility on Saturday Jan. 9.
Australia Pacific LNG CEO, Page Maxson, said the departure of the LNG vessel marks over four years of planning and construction since making the Final Investment Decision.
“This achievement is testament to an extraordinary amount of work completed by co-venturers Origin Energy, ConocoPhillips and Sinopec, a multitude of key contractors, including Bechtel, and a 15,000-strong workforce.
“In addition, we are thankful for the ongoing support from all of our stakeholders; including Local, State and Federal governments, landholders and community members.
“With our domestic customer portfolio, the start of Train 1 and the first export of LNG, Australia Pacific LNG has become the largest producer of natural gas in Eastern Australia. This position will only be strengthened as we expect to reach full production from two LNG trains by the end of 2016, reflecting our industry-leading 2P reserves position.
“We are delighted to be part of the establishment of the CSG-LNG industry in Queensland, one that will continue for many decades and provide economic opportunities across the State,” Mr Maxson said.
At full capacity Australia Pacific LNG’s two train LNG production facility will supply 9 million tons per annum of LNG to an export market by cooling the natural gas to minus 161 degree Celsius until it becomes a liquid, enabling transport to export customers in Asia.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
Company: Origin Energy more info
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Sinopec more info
- Lead a Chinese Oil Giant and Get a Fraction of Your Peers' Pay (Dec 27)
- Report: Quarter Of Oil Refineries Risk Closure Under Climate Goals (Nov 02)
- Sources: China's Sinopec Mulls US Oil Projects Ahead Of Trump's Visit (Oct 31)
Company: Australia Pacific LNG Pty Ltd. more info
- APLNG, APA Ink 20-Year Gas Transportation Agreement (Sep 06)
- APLNG Delivers First LNG Cargo to Kansai Electric (Jun 30)
- Russell: LNG Looks Poised to Follow Crude Oil's Plunge (Jan 18)