Statoil Signs New Agreements with Aker, OneSubsea
Statoil Petroleum AS has signed master service agreements with Aker Solutions ASA and OneSubsea Processing AS, which form the basis for potential new EPC (engineering, procurement and construction) contracts for subsea equipment in the medium-term future.
In addition to the master service agreements, an EPC option agreement for a subsea production system has also been signed with OneSubsea, including framework agreements for subsea operations services and subsea add-ons. Last year Statoil signed a master service agreement and an EPC contract with FMC Kongsberg Subsea AS for Johan Sverdrup.
Torger Rod, vice president for projects in Statoil, commented in a company statement:
“In light of the current challenges the industry is facing the suppliers have demonstrated commitment and drive to break the cost curve and enhance competitiveness. Statoil has cooperated closely with the suppliers on technology qualification, concept development and pre-engineering studies, and jointly we have delivered successful subsea projects.
“We look forward to continuing the good collaboration going forward. The agreements constitute a framework upon which the suppliers can continue with optimization and cost reducing measures. Future awards will go to the suppliers who are willing to and capable of continuing the drive for sustained quality, standardization, higher efficiency and lower costs.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Big Oil Reuses Platforms in Latest Cost-Cutting Trick (Nov 15)
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
- Shell, Equinor Commit to Tanzania LNG as They Await Host Accord (Oct 16)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- More Layoffs on the Way for Aker Solutions (Aug 23)
- Aker Solutions Opens Upgraded Aberdeen Site (Apr 27)
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
Company: OneSubsea more info
- OneSubsea Bags $300M Contract for Greater Enfield Project Off Australia (Jul 15)
- OneSubsea Secures Zohr EPC Contract (Jun 21)
- Aibel Appoints New President, CEO (Jun 14)