Lundin Spuds Bambazon Prospect in Block SB307/308 Offshore East Malaysia
Sweden's Lundin Petroleum AB announced Friday that its wholly owned subsidiary Lundin Malaysia BV has commenced drilling of the Bambazon exploration well in Block SB307/SB308, offshore East Malaysia.
The Bambazon prospect, located in shallow water and lies to the north of a major producing field in offshore East Malaysia, will target hydrocarbons in Miocene aged sands and is being drilled by the jackup West Prospero (400' ILC) to a total depth of approximately 4,101 feet (1,250 meters) below mean sea level.
Drilling of the well is expected to take approximately 25 days.
Lundin Malaysia has an 85 percent working interest in SB307/SB308, with partner PETRONAS Carigali Sdn Bhd -- the upstream arm of Malaysia's national oil company Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS) -- holding the remaining 15 percent.
Meanwhile, Lundin Malaysia has completed the Imbok-1 exploration well in the same offshore block. The well, which encountered minor oil shows, has been plugged and abandoned.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Petronas-Saudi RAPID Refinery To Receive First Oil Cargo By End-Sept (Sep 13)
- Petronas Eyes South Sudan Oil Blocks (Sep 11)
- Sources: Aramco Plans To Ship First Crude Oil To Malaysia JV Refinery (Sep 04)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
- Equinor, Partners to Develop Next Phase of Johan Sverdrup (Aug 27)
- Lundin Petroleum Raises Size Of Norway's Rolvsnes Oil Discovery (Aug 27)
- Output At Lundin's Grieg Field Back To Normal After Forties Outage (Dec 27)