Wood Group Wins Brazil Platform Contract with PetroRio
UK oilfield engineer Wood Group reported Thursday that it has won a contract with PetroRio to deliver services to the Polvo A platform, which is located in the southern Campos Basin approximately 60 miles off the coast of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Integrated operations and maintenance services will be provided by Wood Group PSN under the two-year contract, which begins immediately.
Wood Group said the deal builds upon its experience supporting the Polvo field, which consists of a fixed production and drilling platform that is connected to a floating production, storage and offloading vessel (FPSO). Wood Group Kenny has held two contracts to provide integrity management support to the field, the most recent of which completed in early 2015.
Wood Group Chief Executive Robin Watson commented in a company statement:
"We look forward to beginning this new partnership with PetroRio, where our focus will be on working collaboratively to deliver safe, efficient and effective services.
"Our experience operating in Brazil, alongside our strong history of supporting offshore assets across their life cycle in the North Sea, positions us well and we are committed to leveraging our knowledge and expertise to optimize the productivity of the Polvo A platform."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Planning for Pivotal Moments: Operating at the Forefront of Commissioning (Dec 26)
- Wood Study Explores Modular Options for Hammerfest LNG (Aug 29)
- OTC 2018: Wood Sees Its Digital Business Expanding in Future (May 01)
Company: Wood Group Kenny more info
- Wood Group Secures GWF-2 Services Contract from Woodside (Feb 22)
- Wood Group Wins Brazil Platform Contract with PetroRio (Jan 07)
- Wood Group Secures Subsea Engineering Contract with BP (Oct 29)