PETRONAS Says Oil Production Commences at Tanjong Baram Field Off Sarawak
Malaysia's state-owned Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS) announced Wednesday that oil production from Tanjong Baram Field in Block SK307 offshore Sarawak, Malaysia has commenced on Aug. 18, 2015. The field is operated under a Risk Service Contract (RSC) with EnQuest Petroleum Development Malaysia Sdn Bhd as its operator in partnership with a local Malaysian company Uzma Energy (Sarawak) Sdn Bhd. Tanjong Baram is the fifth RSC that has achieved oil production after Berantai, Balai Cluster, Kapal Banang Meranti (KBM) Cluster and Tembikai.
The Tanjong Baram Field is estimated to produce an average 2,000 barrels of oil per day. The field is located offshore the coast of Miri in the state of Sarawak, Malaysia. The development consists of a lightweight and unmanned platform with production tied in to PETRONAS Carigali Sdn Bhd’s (PCSB) West Lutong Drilling Platform A (WLDP-A) complex via a flexible production pipeline.
“On behalf of PETRONAS, I would like to extend my gratitude to all the dedicated and diligent Tanjong Baram project team and Contractors in achieving their first oil. This achievement marks another successful milestone in RSC projects to PETRONAS. The success would not have been possible without support and cooperation of the RSC partners”, said PETRONAS Vice President of Malaysia Petroleum Management, Muhammad Zamri Jusoh.
To date, PETRONAS has awarded six RSCs namely: the Berantai field to Petrofac and Sapura Kencana Petroleum Bhd in January 2011; the Balai Cluster offshore Sarawak to a consortium comprising Roc Oil Malaysia (Holdings) Sdn Bhd, Dialog Group Bhd and E&P Venture Solutions Sdn. Bhd. in August 2011; the KBM cluster to Coastal Energy KBM Sdn Bhd in June 2012; the Tembikai Chenang cluster to VESTIGO Petroleum in October 2013; the Tanjong Baram field to EnQuest Petroleum Developments Malaysia Sdn Bhd and Uzma Energy Venture (Sarawak) Sdn Bhd in March 2014; and Ophir field to Ophir Production Sdn Bhd, a joint venture company between Octanex Pte Ltd, Scomi D&P Sdn Bhd and VESTIGO Petroleum Sdn Bhd in June 2014.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: Uzma Berhad more info
- Uzma Unfazed by Concerns Over Berantai, Balai RSC Cessations in Malaysia (Aug 08)
- PETRONAS Says Oil Production Commences at Tanjong Baram Field Off Sarawak (Jan 06)
- Uzma Clinches Contract from PETRONAS Carigali for D18 WIF Project off Sabah (Jul 14)
Company: EnQuest plc more info
- EnQuest Profits Slide On Slower Kraken Oilfield Ramp-Up (Sep 07)
- Kraken 2Q Start-up 'On Track' (Feb 17)
- Unite Pledges to Protect BP Workers in EnQuest Transfer (Jan 25)