Shell Terminates Deal for Transocean Polar Pioneer Prior to Contract Expiry
Transocean Ltd. reported Monday that Royal Dutch Shell plc has elected to terminate the contract for the harsh environment Transocean Polar Pioneer (mid-water semisub) prior to its expiration in July 2017.
"Transocean will be compensated for the early termination through a lump-sum payment that includes adjustments for reduced operating costs and demobilization to Norway," the company said in a press release.
Shell awarded a three year contract for Transocean Polar Pioneer in October 2013 at a dayrate of $620,000, with the semisub commencing work for the European supermajor in August 2014.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Transocean Lands $830MM Rig Contract with Chevron (Dec 28)
- Transocean Acquires Ocean Rig (Dec 05)
- Offshore Brazil Contract Extension Goes to Transocean (Sep 28)
Company: Royal Dutch Shell plc more info
- Truce Reached over Canadian Shell Pipeline (Jan 10)
- Louisiana Petchems Unit Starts Up (Jan 07)
- Shell Extends Jackup Contract in Trinidad (Jan 02)