Total Spuds Antelope-6 Appraisal Well in PRL 15 in Papua New Guinea
InterOil Corporation reported Thursday that it has been advised by Total E&P PNG Limited, operator of Petroleum Retention License 15 in the Gulf Province of Papua New Guinea, that it has begun drilling the Antelope-6 appraisal well.
The well is designed to provide structural control and reservoir definition on the field’s eastern flank. It has a proposed total depth of around 8,084 feet (2,464 meters) true vertical depth subsea and is located about 1.2 miles (2 kilometers) east-south-east of Antelope-3.
InterOil holds a 36.5375 percent interest in the well. Total E&P PNG Limited has a 40.1275 percent interest, OilSearch has 22.8350 percent, and the remaining 0.5000 percent is held by minority parties.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Oil CEOs Jostle for Global Natgas Crown Under Putin's Gaze (Oct 04)
- Uganda Expects to Miss Target for First Oil (Sep 24)
- Total Joins Tullow-operated Block Offshore Guyana (Sep 13)
Company: Oil Search Ltd. more info
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Papua New Guinea Government To Sell Stake In Oil Search (Sep 21)
- Oil Search Profit Soars, Focus On Advancing PNG Gas Projects (Aug 22)
Company: InterOil Corporation more info
- Exxon's South Pacific Gas Grab Derided By InterOil's Founder (Jul 26)
- Oil, Gas Companies Tighten Cash Flow at Expense of Future Growth (Jul 26)
- Oil Search Won't Counter Exxon Bid For Gas Explorer InterOil (Jul 21)