MHB Bags Petronas Carigali's WHP Contract for Malaysia's Kumang Gas Fields
Malaysia Marine and Heavy Engineering Sdn Bhd (MMHE), wholly owned subsidiary of Malaysia Marine and Heavy Engineering Holdings Berhad (MHB), bagged a contract from PETRONAS Carigali Sdn Bhd for a wellhead platform (WHP) at the Kumang cluster gas fields, offshore Bintulu, Sarawak, Malaysia.
Work on the engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning (EPCC) contract covers the WHP topside and jacket, telecommunication and instrumentation system tie-ins of the new F12 platform and telecommunication and instrumentation system tie-ins modification of the existing platform.
The project, located in the Kumang Cluster gas fields 112 miles (180 kilometers) north-west of Bintulu, Sarawak in water depth of 331 feet (101 meters), is scheduled to be completed within 12 months of the signing of the Letter Of Award.
“We are doing our level best to continue replenishing our work order ... We continue to be on the lookout for offshore and onshore projects as well as for marine repair works, both domestically and internationally,” MHB Managing Director and CEO Fitri Abdul Jalil said in Tuesday's press release.
PETRONAS Carigali is the upstream arm of Malaysia's national oil company Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Petronas-Saudi RAPID Refinery To Receive First Oil Cargo By End-Sept (Sep 13)
- Petronas Eyes South Sudan Oil Blocks (Sep 11)
- Sources: Aramco Plans To Ship First Crude Oil To Malaysia JV Refinery (Sep 04)
Company: Malaysia Marine & Heavy Engineering Sdn Bhd (MMHE) more info
- MMHE, EPIC Form JV to Provide Ship Repair Services at Kemaman in Malaysia (Aug 17)
- Shell Sees Malikai Project in Malaysia as Boosting Deepwater Ambitions (Jun 14)
- MHB Bags Petronas Carigali's WHP Contract for Malaysia's Kumang Gas Fields (Dec 24)