Polarcus Wins 3D Seismic Survey Deal
Norwegian seismic survey firm Polarcus announced Tuesday that it has received a letter of intent from an undisclosed client for a 3D marine seismic survey contract using the firm's proprietary RightBAND technique for broadband data acquisition.
Polarcus said the project will begin imminently and will run for approximately two months.
Polarcus Chief Operating Officer Duncan Eley commented in a company statement:
"Such an award in this challenging market is the result of us continuing to work closely with our clients to ensure exceptional service delivery with safe operations, high quality data and extremely efficient seismic acquisition solutions."
On Monday fellow seismic surveyor Dolphin Group filed for bankruptcy, citing the deterioration in the oil service market.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Polarcus Wins 3D Seismic Survey Deal (Dec 15)
- Seismic Surveyor Dolphin Files for Bankruptcy due to Oil Price Crash (Dec 14)
- Dolphin Accepts LOA to Undertake 3D Seismic Projects Offshore India (Nov 09)
Company: Polarcus Ltd. more info
- Polarcus Secures Data Acquisition Project in Asia Pacific (Nov 11)
- Polarcus Bags Broadband 3D Marine Seismic Contract in Australasia (Sep 23)
- Polarcus to Conduct European 3D Seismic Acquisition (Sep 23)