APLNG Commences LNG Production at Curtis Island Facility in Queensland
Origin Energy Limited confirmed Friday that downstream operator ConocoPhillips has advised that Australia Pacific LNG has commenced production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) at its Curtis Island facility, near Gladstone, Queensland, Australia. Australia Pacific LNG remains on track to export its first cargo by the end of the year.
Origin Chief Executive Officer Integrated Gas, David Baldwin said, “With first LNG production, Australia Pacific LNG has now achieved its last major milestone prior to exporting LNG to customers in Asia.
“The Origin-operated upstream activities which deliver gas to Curtis Island are fully operational and performing well, and Origin, together with partners ConocoPhillips and Sinopec, are now focused on achieving first export.
“More than seven years of activity, 15,000 workers, as well as the support of many landowners in the Surat and Bowen basins, have helped Australia Pacific LNG reach this important point in its history,” Baldwin said.
Australia Pacific LNG produces natural gas from Australia’s largest 2P CSG (coal seam gas) reserves base located in the Surat and Bowen basins in Queensland, which is piped to its LNG facility on Curtis Island where it is converted to LNG for export to customers in Asia.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
Company: Origin Energy more info
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)