Technip Says It's Not in Talks on Any Strategic Transactions
(Bloomberg) -- Technip SA, Europe’s largest oilfield- services provider, said it’s not in talks for any strategic transactions.
“Following recent press articles with respect to possible strategic transactions involving Technip, we state that there are no ongoing discussions with respect to such transactions,” the company said in a statement Thursday.
Technip is in talks to merge with U.S. peer FMC Technologies Inc., Bloomberg News said Dec. 9, citing people familiar with the matter who didn’t want to be identified.
--With assistance from Ruth David, David Wethe, Tara Patel and Manuel Baigorri.
To contact the reporters on this story: Matthew Monks in New York at email@example.com; Dinesh Nair in London at firstname.lastname@example.org. To contact the editors responsible for this story: Aaron Kirchfeld at email@example.com; Elizabeth Fournier at firstname.lastname@example.org Elizabeth Wollman
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: FMC Technologies more info
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)