Inpex Sets Up Domestic Exploratory Drilling Ops Office in Japan
Inpex Corp. announced Wednesday that it has established the Domestic Exploratory Drilling Operations Office (the Office) in order to smoothly and efficiently carry out the drilling project commissioned by the Agency of Natural Resources and Energy of the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) of Japan for the agency’s “Heisei 26~28 Domestic Offshore Drilling Program in Japan”, as announced on July 30.
Inpex is currently undergoing preparation work ahead of the exploratory well drilling offshore Yamaguchi and Shimane prefectures scheduled to begin in May 2016. Going forward, the company will proceed with this preparation work with safety as its first priority, with the understanding and cooperation of the local community.
About the Office
- An organizational change will be implemented through the establishment of the Office within the Domestic Project Division
- Office facilities will be set up in Hamada city, Shimane Prefecture. Key operations for this project will be handled by employees based in Hamada city, and a contingent based at the Tokyo head office will support these operations
- The establishment of the Office as an independent entity is designed to demarcate the areas of responsibility concerning project implementation and facilitate communication and coordination with local authorities and other related parties and organizations
- Date of establishment
- Jan. 15, 2016 (Office facilities scheduled to open on April 1, 2016)
- Key personnel appointment (as of Jan. 15, 2016)
- Toru Akutsu
- Current Title: Project General Manager, Domestic Project Division
- New Title: General Manager, Exploratory Drilling Operations Office, Domestic Project Division
- Toru Akutsu
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)