PBJV to Repair, Maintain Sabah Sarawak Gas Pipeline for PETRONAS Gas
Barakah Offshore Petroleum Berhad disclosed Tuesday that its wholly owned subsidiary PBJV Group Sdn Bhd (PBJV) has received a Letter of Award from PETRONAS Gas Bhd (PGB) to provide repair and maintenance services for the Sabah Sarawak Gas Pipeline in eastern Malaysia, the firm said in a filing with local stock exchange Bursa Malaysia.
Under the 2-year contract from Dec. 1, 2015 to Nov. 30, 2017, PBJV will inspect, test, repair and maintain the pipes and related infrastructures to maintain the pipeline integrity.
The long Sabah Sarawak Gas Pipeline, measuring 312 miles (503 kilometers), is a network of onshore pipeline that link Sabah Oil and Gas Terminal in Kimanis, Sabah and PETRONAS LNG Complex in Bintulu, Sarawak.
PGB, a unit of Malaysia's national oil company Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS), holds an option to extend the contract for an additional year.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: Barakah Offshore Petroleum Berhad more info
- PBJV Bags Contract from PETRONAS Carigali for Work Off East Malaysia (Aug 26)
- Malaysia's PBJV Clinches $9.4M T&I Contract for SKO Field Off Sarawak (Jul 28)
- PBJV Clinches Contract from Murphy for Work Offshore Malaysia (Jun 14)