Lundin Spuds Imbok-1 Exploration Well Offshore Malaysia
Lundin Petroleum AB announced Monday that its wholly owned subsidiary, Lundin Malaysia BV, has spud the Imbok-1 exploration well located in Blocks SB307 and SB308, offshore East Malaysia.
The well, which will be drilled using the West Prospero (400’ ILC) to a total depth of approximately 5,570 feet below mean sea level, will target hydrocarbons in Miocene aged sands. Drilling operations at Imbok-1 are expected to take approximately 30 days to complete.
Lundin Malaysia holds an 85 percent working interest in SB307 and SB308. Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd holds the remaining 15 percent working interest. Lundin Malaysia operates seven blocks in Malaysia, namely PM307, PM319, PM308A, PM308B, PM328, SB307/308 and SB303.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Equinor, Partners to Develop Next Phase of Johan Sverdrup (Aug 27)
- Lundin Petroleum Raises Size Of Norway's Rolvsnes Oil Discovery (Aug 27)
- Output At Lundin's Grieg Field Back To Normal After Forties Outage (Dec 27)