Russia's Gazprom Asks Ukraine For Volume Guarantees Through March
MOSCOW, Dec 4 (Reuters) - Russian gas producer Gazprom said on Friday it had asked Ukraine's Naftogaz to provide a guarantee on the volumes of gas it intended to purchase from Gazprom until the end of March.
Gazprom added in a statement after the two sides had met in Berlin that Naftogaz intended to ask for a gas price discount for the first quarter of next year.
"Given the tough financial position of Naftogaz Ukraine, one should not expect pre-payment and resumption of Russian gas supplies before the end of the year," the statement cited Gazprom CEO Alexei Miller as saying.
(Reporting by Polina Devitt; editing by Alexander Winning)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- US House Opposes Russian Gas Pipeline (Dec 11)
- Gazprom's Second Quarter Profit Soars On Rising Energy Prices, Sales (Aug 29)
- Russian Gas Exports Hit a New Summertime Record (Jul 17)
Company: Naftogaz Ukrainy more info
- Ukraine And Russia Both Claim Victory In Gas Dispute (Dec 22)
- Reformer At Ukraine's State-Run Naftogaz Resigns From Board (Apr 14)
- Frontera Signs Upstream Cooperation MOU with UkrGasVydobuvannya (Feb 09)