PPL Shipyard Serves Termination Notice on MPD Over Jackup Construction Spat
Sembcorp Marine referred Wednesday to the announcements it made on Nov. 18 and Nov. 25 regarding the contractual dispute with Marco Polo Drilling (I) Pte Ltd. (MPD).
PPL Shipyard Pte Ltd. (PPLS) has on Dec. 1 served a termination notice on MPD terminating the contract after MPD failed to pay the 2nd disbursement of 10 percent of the contract price ($21.43 million) by Nov. 30 (the 2nd Disbursement).
The 2nd Disbursement was immediately due upon the execution of the contract on Feb. 26, 2014. MPD was initially allowed to pay the 2nd Disbursement by Feb. 11, 2015. However on MPD’s requests, the payment of the 2nd Disbursement was deferred twice, first to no later June 30, 2015 and subsequently to no later Nov. 30, 2015. MPD also agreed to pay interest on the 2nd Disbursement up to the date of payment.
Following the termination of the contract, PPLS demanded that MPD immediately pay the 2nd Disbursement and interest for the month of November 2015 (the November Interest). MPD failed to pay these sums by the stipulated deadline. MPD remains liable to pay the 2nd Disbursement as it became due at the date of execution of the contract on Feb. 26, 2014.
MPD’s obligations under the contract including its obligation to pay the 2nd Disbursement is guaranteed by Marco Polo Marine Ltd. (MPM) under the Parent Company Performance Guarantee (the Guarantee).
On Dec. 1, 2015, PPLS demanded that MPM, as guarantor, perform MPD’s obligations in full under the Contract and pay the 2nd Disbursement and the November Interest. MPM failed to pay these sums by the stipulated deadline.
PPLS has now commenced an action against MPM in the Singapore High Court on Dec. 1, 2015.
All of PPLS’s rights are hereby reserved.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Singapore's Sembcorp Marine 1Q Profit Slumps 86%, Outlook Subdued (Apr 25)
- Rig Builder Sembcorp Marine 2Q Net Profit Falls 51% (Jul 27)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
Company: PPL Shipyard more info
- Sembcorp Marine Acquires Remaining 15% Stake in PPL Shipyard for $115M (Aug 24)
- Perisai Petroleum Defers Delivery of Perisai Pacific 102 to End October (Jun 13)
- PPL Shipyard Serves Termination Notice on MPD Over Jackup Construction Spat (Dec 02)
Company: Marco Polo Marine Ltd. more info
- Singapore's Marco Polo Marine Flags Doubt On Continuing As A Going Concern (Sep 22)
- Singapore's Marco Polo Marine Seeks To Delay Bond Payment (Sep 14)
- Singapore High Court Grants Stay of the Action in PPLS-MPD Jackup Spat (Apr 26)