Solstad's DLB Norce Endeavour Secures Chevron's Gulf of Thailand Contract
Norway's Solstad Offshore ASA (SOFF) reported Tuesday that it has executed a multiple-year contract with Chevron Offshore (Thailand) Ltd., Chevron Thailand Exploration and Production, Ltd. and Chevron Pattani, Ltd. (Chevron) in Thailand for its Offshore Installation and Construction program utilizing the Derrick Lay Barge “DLB Norce Endeavour”.
“DLB Norce Endeavour” will install multiple new Wellhead Platforms (WHPs) and Subsea Pipelines for Chevron in the Gulf of Thailand commencing in 2016 and extending for 4 years fixed term with 3 one year options. The offshore scope of work commencing in 2016 includes the installation of WHP’s and Pipelines providing a forecast utilization of the “DLB Norce Endeavour” of around 200 days. The number and configuration of Wellhead Platforms and Subsea Pipelines to be installed in subsequent years is not fixed and will vary depending on Chevron productions requirements.
SOFF will provide project management, engineering, procurement and logistics to support the DLB installation and construction scope of work through its DLB Marine Projects group in the Singapore office.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Tight Oil, Shale to Drive Majors' Output to New Highs (Oct 16)
- Saturno Brazil Pre-Salt Acreage Goes to Shell and Chevron (Sep 28)
- Canada Shale Drillers Feel Permian Pain as Prices Collapse (Sep 20)
Company: Solstad Offshore more info
- Norwegian Firms to Create Offshore Oil Industry Supply Vessels Giant (Feb 06)
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- Solstad Offshore Says Industry Must Consolidate to Restore Profits (Feb 24)