Senegal JV Partners Receive 3-Year PSC Extension
FAR Ltd announced Friday that it, along with its joint venture partners, has received a presidential decree to extend a current Petroleum Sharing Contract (PSC) in Senegal by three years, starting from February 6, 2016.
The extension gives the joint venture more time to appraise the SNE and FAN oil discoveries made in Senegal in 2014. The first phase of the JV’s planned appraisal and exploration program has already begun and consists of three new wells - SNE-2, SNE-3 and BEL-1 – which are scheduled for completion by mid-2016.
FAR’s Senegal JV partners comprise Cairn Energy, ConocoPhillips and Petrosen.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- India Plans Larger Oil Auctions as Modi Pursues Import Cuts (Sep 14)
- Cairn Energy: SNE-5 Appraisal Well Hits Oil, Gas (Mar 07)
- AkerBP, Cairn Energy Make Jefferies Top Pick List (Jan 09)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
- ConocoPhillips Contracts Rowan Jackup (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Plans for $6.1B Capital Spend in 2019 (Dec 10)
- ConocoPhillips Departs Barnett (Nov 01)
Company: Petrosen more info
- ConocoPhillips Confirms FAR Holds Pre-Emption Right for Senegal Project (Aug 23)
- Kosmos Energy Makes 'Significant' Gas Find Offshore Senegal (Jan 27)
- SNE Appraisal Program Offshore Senegal Continues with SNE-3 Drilling (Jan 19)
Company: FAR Limited more info
- FAR: SNE 5 Appraisal Well Spuds Offshore Senegal (Jan 23)
- FAR Refutes Claims that it cannot Farm Into Djiffere Block (Dec 01)
- Two Appraisal Wells to be Drilled at SNE Field in 2017 (Nov 25)