UMW Naga 8 Secures Contract from SapuraKencana to Drill Offshore Malaysia
UMW Oil & Gas Corporation Berhad (UMW-OG) reported that UMW Offshore Drilling Sdn Bhd, a unit of UMW-OG's subsidiary UMW Malaysian Ventures Sdn Bhd, has received a Letter of Award from subsidiaries of SapuraKencana Petroleum Berhad to provide a jackup for the latter's drilling program offshore Malaysia, the firm said in a filing on local exchange Bursa Malaysia Monday.
Under the contract, awarded by SapuraKencana Energy Peninsula Malaysia Inc., SapuraKencana Energy Sarawak Inc. and SapuraKencana Energy Sabah Inc., UMW OG has assigned its latest rig, UMW Naga 8 (400' ILC) to drill up to 18 wells, with an extension option for three additional wells, commencing Sept. 28.
The company did not indicate the value of the contract for UMW Naga 8, which is a premium independent-leg cantilever jackup, equipped to drill to a depth of 30,000 feet and has a rated operating water depth of 400 feet.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- SapuraKencana: Short-Term Industry Outlook Uncertain (Dec 08)
- Malaysia's SapuraKencana Posts 7.1% Gain in 2Q FY17 PAT to $27M (Sep 29)
- SKTLO Bags $65.3M Contracts for Work Offshore Malaysia, Vietnam (Sep 01)
Company: UMW Oil & Gas Corporation Berhad more info
- Malaysia's Most Battered Oil And Gas Stock Eyes Foreign Tie-Up (Jun 03)
- UMW O&G Bags Contract from PETRONAS Carigali for UMW Naga 6 (Jun 01)
- Malaysia's UMW O&G Incurs a Loss Before Tax of $16.6M in 1Q 2016 (May 24)